Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I went away and didn't tell you

Because I didn't want you stealing my stuff.

So just some quick fill-you-ins while I simmer some real posts (we can all hope; Lords of Kobol, we can all hope).

  • I was laid off by Cornell 2 weeks ago today. This was 3 days before my trip to Florida with my Mom.
  • Fathom started straining to pee and even peed some blood 2 days before I left.
  • I went to Florida with my Mom. For 8 days. Saw most of my wonderful old Orlando friends.
  • I turned 40.
  • BSG's final episode aired.
I'm OK with the layoff, so far anyway. Easy enough to say while I'm still sitting at my desk and getting a paycheck (I can work through April 30 if I want. I get 3 weeks' severance after that, and health insurance for a year).

Now I can dance a little monkey dance back to Western NY.


This is the kind of magic and hootenanny you missed out on
by not being in the Magic Kingdom last Friday

4 comments:

Elly said...

Nannies were thoroughly hooted!

You gotta get your pictures up now; I can't wait to see them!

Elly said...

Just wanted to leave a comment to note that my word is "plate." The last one was "shooter." Next I predict ... "tacos."

Elly said...

Nope, it's "ularwa." Huh?

Elly said...

I want another strawberry basil lemonade.

micrud.